Friday, November 25, 2011

A-periodics v1.

Hey all, its been awhile since I last updated you on my thoughts...sorry life has been busy.

Anyway here is an example of A-periodic Tiling/Packing. I'll be honest, I was seduced/introduced to this type of tiling while working with Marc Fornes & THEVERYMANY. Sadly for me I was never given the opportunity to work on any projects related to these tiles....well until now.

"Let me first say I do my best not to copy what he's done...but after testing this tiling out i've found it hard to define my own "unique" tile. he's done too many different types...SO I started testing different types of orientation/configuration of the tiles inside and what geometry one tile consist of. One difference is that I don't quite need all the left handled tiles....we'll talk about after I finish my new sets of prototypes!"

Project 3 at UCLA: Bending space.

2[D]Aperiodics:v1
Cluster *clean connections...but only for one set so far...


1[D]Aperiodics:v1
Cluster4

What does this mean? well...this is about research/development and not about experience....yet hinting about experience these pockets contain a good opportunity for people to start occupying different types of spaces.

[Next developments I still need to update you on are Voxels/Recursive logic and twisted grids.! oh my!]

No comments:

Post a Comment