Thursday, January 3, 2013

Patterning with Agents.

[A]logicPattern:v1 

hihi, sorry for never posting the results and final of my wire bender...I hit a snag with the holidays and the power supply breaking.... :(  since i'm back in home for the holidays there won't be any real development on the wirebender until I get back and some extra cash. but rest assure, wirebender 2.0 will come alive as soon as I start school again!!! Anyway, I posted a new image above to show what i've been working on lately, some geometry that will hopefully incorporate the wire bender i've put together. the pattern is based on agents moving between two ends within a set boundary. I've always been interested in agents and the graphics they produce, but i've rarely seen architecture built from them outside of what some young architectural firms are proposing today. 

the agents in the pattern basically flow to one end to the other, and when doing so checks where other agents are so forth. But instead of letting the agent flow continuously, I allow them to stop, adding a new agent at the end to continue the flow. this allows for pieces to stay within a given material standard. New agents are also added in when neighboring agents start to roam too far away.

the end results in a nicely patterned surface, just to clearly show the individual flows, I highlighted them in different colors, in no particular order or arrangement just my own aesthetics.



No comments:

Post a Comment